Monday, October 17, 2011

From Here to Eternity

A birthday recently forced itself into my existence like an unwelcome guest. At these intervals I'm compelled to reduce my life to little more than a game of Darts: Some Hits many Misses.One of the few Hits to rise from the shambles is my rediscovery of the guitar.

I had completely abandoned all guitar-related activities when I ran off to pursue my degree-probably one the stupidest things that I've ever done. Guitar had been a constant in my Life since...forever and I gave it up on a whim with little afterthought. Lesson learned. Life is funny sometimes.


To brighten up our day I'm passing along  memorable quotes from Office Space(IMDB.com) :

           Nina: Now Milton, don't be greedy, let's pass it along and make sure everyone 
           gets a piece.
           Milton Waddams: Yeah, but last time I didn't receive a piece. And I was told...
           Nina: Just pass.
           [while the cake passes Milton mutters - eventually everybody but Milton gets a piece]
           Milton Waddams: [muttering] I could set the building on fire.


Bill Lumbergh: Milt, we're gonna need to go ahead and move you downstairs into storage B. We have some new people coming in, and we need all the space we can get. So if you could just go ahead and pack up your stuff and move it down there, that would be terrific, OK?
Milton Waddams: Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...

Milton was probably my favorite character from Office Space-those glasses-Priceless! Any day now they'll make a sequel and then everyone will  be happy and all will be well in the world.This country sure could use a laugh right now.

Also I'm collaborating on a musical project with some good friends of mine. The songs so far are: Pancho and Lefty, All My Rowdy Friends, Margaritaville and Looking For Love.The songs lean heavily towards the Country and Western genre admittedly, but we're aiming to play upbeat tunes for regular Joes who are tired of the Recession.

That's Steve Earle and Townes Van Zandt on the right. On a more personal note-I stumbled onto California Dreaming from the Mammas and the Pappas and have been having fun with it. The song normally requires a capo at the 4th position but my stubborn pride compels me to otherwise use barre chords throughout. I recommend this song to guitarists everywhere-definitely not a cowboy chord song.

No comments:

Post a Comment