Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Cookie Monster

Allright, so I finally did it-I made that Oatmeal Raisin cookie that I've been meaning to get around to. I must say that my baking skills are coming together rather nicely. Anyways, the recipe came out pretty good if I say so myself. I stumbled onto the recipe at: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/oatmeal-raisin-cookies-i/.  Go check them out.


I usually prefer a light desert after and this, I think, fits the bill quite nicely. While cooking may not be perceived as a real macho activity like hunting or bass fishing, it takes a great deal of work to create pizzas, breads,and cookies etc., from scratch. It's not as cool as climbing Mt Everest but I can only do what I do.


I hope the folks at allrecipes are cool with me reprinting their excellent recipe.
                                               
                                                            
Ingredients
Original recipe makes 4 dozen Change Servings

    3/4 cup butter, softened
    3/4 cup white sugar
    3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
    2 eggs
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    2 3/4 cups rolled oats
    1 cup raisins

Directions

   1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

   2.In large bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar
     until smooth. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Stir together
     flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Gradually beat into butter mixture.
     Stir in oats and raisins. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.

   3.Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
     Cool slightly, remove from sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.


Allright, there you have it-do a little bit of cooking and make yourself useful. Just be careful or you may find that a gym membership has become an important necessity. And take special care if you contend with diabetes. In the meantime go check this out: Erase Diabetes  Stay cranky.

No comments:

Post a Comment